- 2 cups brown lentils
- 2 bunches Swiss chard finely chopped, 500 g
- 4 onions finely chopped
- 6 small potatoes chopped small, 4 medium
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. brown rice miso paste
- 10 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Place lentils and Swiss chard in large soup pan and cover with water (enough for soup)
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and let simmer
- In a separate sauce pan, heat olive oil on low-medium heat and add onions, stirring until softened (yellowish color)
- Once lentils are soft, add onions, potatoes and miso paste to the soup pan and cook for 30 mins.
- Once soup is nearly done, add garlic and lemon juice and cook for another 15 mins.
- If soup is too thick, add water and stir
- Once all ingredients are soft and chewy, serve soup with lemon juice, salt or pepper to taste.
Share this Recipe