- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder or less if using cacao
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Soak the dates and almonds (separately) in boiling water for 30 minutes, then chop roughly.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is sticky.
- Remove the brownie mix and press into a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Put the tray in the freezer for about a couple of hours so the mixture can set, then transfer to the fridge until ready to eat.
*Try soaking the dates in espresso before blending for a more grown-up version, or stir through some cocoa nibs for extra bite.
*Instead of the traditional brownie shape, you can also roll the mixture into small balls to create amazing brownie bites!
*This recipe is suitable for vegan, dairy-free, and egg-free diets, and for those avoiding processed sugars. They are not suitable for anyone with nut allergies.
*You can substitute the almonds for pretty much any other kind of nut.
*The maple syrup can be replaced with honey or agave syrup, or omitted altogether.
Share this Recipe